To run Tiberian Sun windowed mode, you’ll have to follow these steps:
- Change your color quality to 16 bit. To run Tiberian Sun in windowed mode you’ll first have to change your desktop color quality to 16bit otherwise you’ll get this error:
This product requires a 16bit pixel depth
To change your color quality:
- Windows XP – Right click on your desktop > Properties > Settings tab > Set your color quality to 16bit.
- Windows 7 & 8 – Right click on your desktop > Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor tab > Set your colors to: High Color (16bit)
- Add the -win option to your shortcut. Now right click on your Tiberian Sun shortcut, select properties and then in the target field after the quotations put a space and then type:
e.g. “C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Tiberian Sun(tm)\SUN\Game.exe” -win.
- Run Tiberian Sun from this shortcut to run in windowed mode.
If you’ve followed the above steps and are still having issues with Tiberian Sun windowed mode, please post in the comments below. To increase your chances of a solution being found include as much detail as possible (which version of the game you’re running, what operating system you have, what video card you have and steps to reproduce the issue). Screenshots are also very useful!