To setup a Red Eclipse server on Windows follow these steps:
- Download the redeclipse_1.0_win32.exe from the Red Eclipse downloads page.
- Install the game from the executable.
- Navigate to your Red Eclipse installation directory and copy the serveinit.cfg and servexec.cfg files to your root redeclipse directory. Open these files and modify any settings you would like to. Most importantly in your servexec.cfg set your sv_serveroopen to 0.
- Start the rserver.exe located in your Red Eclipse\bin directory
- All players on the local network should be able to see and join the server now if they enable the search lan option in the find servers menu.