You can set up Homeworld Cataclysm windowed mode using the ‘-window’ option in the game shortcut. To do this follow the steps below:
- Right click on your Homeworld Cataclysm shortcut and select properties
- In the target field add a space then add:
(example: C:\Program Files\Sierra\Cataclysm\cataclysm.exe -window).
- Click apply an start the game from the shortcut.
To fix this colour bug:
- Go to the options menu (O key)
- Go to the video tab (V key)
- From the list of Rendering systems pick (D3D) Primary display and hit accept (A key).
This should immediately revert the game colours to their proper format and centre the menu properly in your window.
If you’ve followed the above steps and are still having issues setting up Homeworld Cataclysm windowed mode, please post in the comments below. To increase your chances of a solution being found include as much detail as possible (which version of the game you’re running, what operating system you have, what video card you have and steps to reproduce the issue). Screenshots are also very useful!